Tercel offers consultation for all Lightning Protection Systems including:
Tercel Lightning Protection Systems strictly comply with all current standards:
Tercel’s experienced engineers and technicians provide a comprehensive lightning protection assessment and design service to:
- Consulting engineers
- Architects and builders
- Project managers
- Facility managers and contractors
- Communications network and IT managers
- System administrators
Tercel offers a wide range of design services including:
- Assessment and management of lightning risk to AS1768
- Design of co-ordinated lightning protection, surge protection and HV earthing systems
- Review of existing LPS and earthing system designs and drawings
- Drafting services, including BIM modelling and ACAD drawings with full systems layouts and details
Our experience and investigative talents are regularly used to find answers for clients who have already suffered costly interruptions to their site’s normal operations and are looking for a cost effective solution.
A typical site inspection and assessment involves:
- On-site inspection and discussions with the appropriate personnel
- Review of all existing documentation and drawings
- Inspection and testing of lightning protection systems, earthing systems, bonding arrangements and surge protection
- Analysis of existing power, telephone, data and signal cabling layouts across the site
- Evaluation of the site operating systems, networks, plant and equipment and their sensitivity to disturbances
- Recommendations and costings for complete protection systems to ensure compliance with Australian standards
Tercel has a complete range of materials and equipment for all types of lightning protection, earthing systems and surge protection. Tercel is a proud distributor of industry leading ABB Furse products.
These products are held in store at Tercel’s offices across Australia and our network of distributors throughout the Pacific and South East Asia regions.
The extensive range of Tercel’s lightning protection and earthing equipment includes:
- Conventional and active air terminals, with mountings, brackets, bases, poles, guy wires and fittings to suit any application
- Copper, aluminium, stainless steel, galvanised steel and other types of conductors in cable, bar, tape, rod, rope or braided
- Fixings and fittings including clamps, clips, connectors, saddles and brackets for all conductors
- Earthing electrodes and clamps, connectors in copper, stainless steel and galvanised steel
- PVC, metal and concrete earth pits with lockable lids and labels to suit all applications and load ratings
- Earth improving compounds for difficult soil conditions
- Earth bars, test links, bonding discs, coax cable grounding kits, junction enclosures, standoffs and labels to suit all systems
- Exothermic welding equipment for any connection, including moulds, weldmetal, handles, clamps, igniters and all accessories
Tercel boasts Australia’s most experienced lightning protection installation workforce, having worked for over 25 years on large and small scale projects across the region.
Our fully trained personnel:
- Are responsible for the installation of all types of lighting protection and earthing systems since 1985
- Operate as fully equipped mobile crews from offices located throughout the major capital cities of Australia
- Have access to all the resources, materials and latest plant, equipment and vehicles required to work on any size project from a large scale construction site to a remote mountain top
- Work with a complete control and testing system that monitors the quality of our workmanship and progress of our work
- Operate under an OH&S management system that continues to maintain Tercel’s enviable safety record across Australia
Testing & Certification
All Lightning Protection Systems and Static Earthing systems must be fully inspected and tested by competent personnel using calibrated test equipment. Lightning Protection Testing and Earthing Grid Testing must be done when the installation is completed and on a regular basis thereafter. By law, Testing and Certification must occur every 2 years.
Tercel has experienced engineers and technicians in all offices across Australia and the Asia Pacific region with access to the latest test and measurement equipment.
Our trained personnel provide a complete service that includes:
- Inspection of all conductors, joints and parts of the system
- Continuity testing across conductors and the total system
- Earth resistance testing on individual electrodes and the complete system
- Soil resistivity testing and analysis for new earthing systems
- Detailed reports on the condition of the system under test or inspection, with photos and recommendations plus costings on the works required
- Updates to existing drawings or records or creation of these documents for future reference
Maintenance works and upgrades may be required if the testing and inspection reveals any deterioration in the level of protection, or there has been changes or additions to the structure which render the existing systems inadequate.